Vortex-SE Vertical Wind Profiles
- Research assistant for Dr. Paul Markowski analyzing data from the VORTEX-SE project.
- Analyzed low-level wind fields around supercells using Lidar vertical profiler.
- Paper accepted for publication in AMS journal “Monthly Weather Review” (MWR).
- Analyzed the impact of land surface models on the accuracy of the Warn-On-Forecast system.
- Gave an oral presentation on this research at the 2018 AMS Conference in Austin, TX.
- Research conducted through the Hollings Scholarship Program internship in the National Severe Storms Laboratory, Norman, OK.
Penn State University Storm Shelter Map
- Volunteered for the Penn State Office of Emergency Management and Emergency Management Club creating a map of campus identifying buildings which could serve as storm shelters.
Whither the 100th Meridian: The Once and Future Physical and Human Geography of America’s Arid-Humid Divide
- Two-part paper published in AMS Journal Earth Interactions:
- Gave a poster presentation on this research at the 2017 AMS Conference in Seattle, Washington.
- Research conducted through the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory REU, Columbia University, NY.
For additional projects, please see my Resume and CV.
Below are videos describing a few of my research projects.